Monday, April 14, 2008

911 on Brown Street

This past Saturday around 7:30PM, the problematic 911 Brown Street property caught on fire from the inside. This unit and others like it are frequently shelters for the homeless or often serve as hangouts for the crackheads.

In my early blogging days, I took a walk with Ray Lirette with the city of Santa Ana in hopes of getting more insight about these vacant lots. As I recall, Ray stated that the acquisition of this unit in particular was a tricky one being that it is locked up in a trust, and the rightful homeowners are most likely deceased.
Too bad the fire department arrived in a matter of seconds to put out the blaze. I'm sure that many of the Lacy residents were like me, hoping that the firemen would just let this unit burn down to the ground.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't exactly say that the firemen arriving quickly is a bad thing. Although I do get your point.